Friday, May 29, 2009

Felted Knitted Bag

Spiritual - The homily in mass tonight really hit home. It was about the gospel in which Christ asks Peter three times, "Do you love me, Peter?" The third time Peter answered, "You know that I love you, Lord, you know everything." Yes, He knows everything - He knows just how weak we are. He knows that we love Him - UNTIL we have something else to do, we're asked to do something hard, we're asked to forgive someone we don't want to forgive, we're asked to sacrifice.... Yes, He knows everything. He knows how much we love Him. The Good News is that He loves us with wide open arms anyway.

Sewing - I love this bag! This has been my "grab to go" project whenever I'm riding in the car or waiting in an office, etc. I used 3 skeins of Lamb's Pride (125 yds each) and 15 yds of Karabella Festival yarn. I cast on 100 stitches onto a #13 circular needle and knitted about 10 inches and started alternate bands of 5 rows of purl and knit (just to practice the different stitches) till I had just enough of the third skein to cast off. About four inches from the top I mixed in three rows of the Festival yarn. The bag went through only 3 cycles of warm water  in a regular wash cycle. I didn't want any more shrinkage, although it could have been felted a little more. See the before and after pictures.  The alternate bands of knit & purl did not add any texture or change the appearance of the bag. This is going to be one of my favorites. What color will I use next?

No comments:

Post a Comment