Friday, August 21, 2009

Dolls, Dolls, Dolls

Sewing:

I am really addicted to wool felt, embroidered, and embellished dolls.  I was inspired by Mimi Kirschner who makes dolls, fish, circus characters, robots, and owls, among other wonderful artful things. I made reproductions of some of her dolls.  I used others as inspirations, and am beginning to branch out on my own.  They are really addicting.  Audrie and her friends have been benefactors.  Liam and I made the robot (anatomically correct) and a reproduction of one of Mimi's.  
Henry is the big green monster that Liam slept with for awhile and also helped me make.  We have made many creatures - dragons, squids, sharks, hydras (Jason & the Argonats), etc.  He learned many sewing skills from these projects and I learned to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment