Saturday, September 8, 2012

Project Runway Simplicity 2359

Spiritual -  "If a soul seeks for God, her Beloved seeks for her even more" (J.C. LF, 3,28).  Mary looked for the Lord with all her heart and the Lord found her, calling her, Mary!  "Although He has risen gloriously, Jesus is always the Good Shepherd who knows His sheep individually; and he 'calleth His own sheep by name... and the sheep follow Him because they know His voice' (Jn 10,3-4).  When Mary hears her name, she recognizes the stranger as her Lord and cries out to Him, her Master!


Added piping
Sewing - An important event was coming up, and, I needed a "nice" dress  So into my stash of patterns and fabric I went.  I found a silk rayon I bought from one of my favorite online fabric sources, Fashion Sewing Group about 8 years ago, and found a project runway inspired simplicity pattern


The dress has two variations, sleeveless and this short sleeved version.  The empire upper bodice is underlined and the sleeves and midriff are self-lined.
The skirt is not lined, but easily could be.  I did raise the v-neck 1 1/2".  The pattern called for top-stitching around the front bands and midriff, but I chose to place self-piping in the seams.  The shaping in the bust is made with soft gathers and there are gathers at the front waist.  There are two length variations to the pattern.  I chose the shorter version.  Difficulty:  intermediate level.

Bill and me
Petal sleeves, lined

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou ever so much for this review. I ended up receiving this pattern as a gift without an envelope so wanted to see it actually made up. You're wonderful. God bless.

    ReplyDelete