Friday, March 4, 2011

Spiritual - During prayer this morning I read from Divine Intimacy this sentence, " O Lord, why should I confine myself to crawling on the ground among the thorny roots of my passions, when You have created me to soar in the heavens?"  Wow.  Was that written just for me? I'm always in a stew about my attachments to comfort, honor, pride, hobbies, point of view, etc. God has so much more to offer me and I wallow in the thorns.  This preoccupation with myself distracts me from union with God, deprives me of interior peace, and causes me to fail in  charity.  For me, prayer is the only answer.  It is only through prayer that I  have half a chance of staying focused on God and the abundance of graces He has just for me.  I want desperately to tap into those graces to be attuned to the inspirations of His Holy Spirit.  Any advance made through His gift and my cooperation overwhelms me and encourages me.  Thank you, Lord.  I will continue to try.  When I fail, please give me the grace to get up again. 













Sewing -  Onsies with a flair!  I saw this one morning going through sewing blogs and had to copy it.  The blogger had gotten the inspiration from a t-shirt from Anthropology.  The "semi-circles" are attached with Lite Steam a Seam II, pressed to the knit and sewed down using a machine blanket stitch slightly lengthened.  I thought the onsie needed matching booties and a pacifier clip to complete the ensemble.  One pair of booties is a ballet type slipper with a strap that closes with Velcro.  Those are "felt" buttons tacked to the strap.  I found them at Hancock's in the button section.  The other pair is a slip-on with an elastic back.  The embellishment is a layered felt flower with tiny beads in the center.  I got the blank onsie at a local store.  This will make a cute gift.  When Jennie was born a friend of mine gave her a onsie with beautiful hand embroidery and had made hand embroidered booties to match. Jennie wore it often and I loved her in it.  I'll have to look for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment