Thursday, March 10, 2011

Needle book for my pincushion!

Spiritual -  Lent.  This lent I have to change my attitude about confession.  I  have studied what the Sacrament of Reconciliation is and what that unbelievable sacrament has to offer.  So, why don't I go as often as I should?  That is the question I will tackle this lent.  In a sincere confession to a priest, acting in His Person (in perona Christi), I receive the grace to make a great effort to "sin no more" and the "promise" of hearing those words again, "I resolve you" when I commit the same sin again.  Pride, assumption,  lack of preparation, and habit are all areas I will think and pray over.  I have known the transforming power that comes with consistent prayer and the Holy Eucharist.  To grow more fully in Christ, Confession, on a regular basis is essential.  God, give me the grace to identify the root/cause in me that prevents me from experiencing You even more fully.











Sewing -  I have made this little needle book to go with the yellow wool heart pincushion.  Pincushions are great for pins, but not so great for needles.  Because needles have no head, they can get buried in the fiber.  You can find them later ("ouch") or you won't find them when you need them.  A needle book solves the problem and is great for taking to classes.  I put a little pouch on the inside front cover for needle threaders or even a small pair of embroidery scissors.  There are also little ridges on each page at intervals to place the needles. The needle book and pincushion are both made of wool blend felt and fiberfill.  Wool felt flowers, leaves, beads, and embroidery are added for embellishment.  These are completely hand stitched and is a perfect beginner sewing project!

No comments:

Post a Comment