Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thank Goodness prom is over!

Spiritual - Without an active prayer life, you cannot advance spiritually. Of course, I tried to do it my way - the lazy way. About 15 years ago I decided to get serious about setting aside time everyday to get connected by reading and praying. Although it has been an up and down process, it has begun to pay off, especially when I am consistent. I guess it's like communicating in marriage. When you persevere, you become intimate friends with your spouse. And, after learning how to communicate well, you don't even have to talk. God is so good.

Sewing - I have been up to my neck in alterations - prom dresses, slacks, graduation dresses. I have even made a couple of wedding veils. But, hey, this pays for my habit - which currently is sewing and photography software/tutorials. I am also trying to develop lesson plans for a couple of classes making projects using some of the newer techniques on the Designer Diamond. This morning I have to complete the muslin/pattern for a graduation dress, cut it out, and begin construction. This afternoon I'm giving private sewing lessons. This is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment