Saturday, January 25, 2014

Kathy Dykstra 2-pc in Sew Beautiful Magazine

Spiritual -   We cannot content ourselves, as the Pharisees did, with simply not doing harm to our neighbor; we must practice toward him a positive, fraternal charity.

Sewing -


 Sew Beautiful Magazine, issue 149,  front cover.  This precious little outfit was designed by Kathy Dykstra  and is fast and easy to put together.  I made is as a "ready to smock" as soon as I saw it.  That was the Aug/Sept 2013 issue!  Well, I finally got around to do the smocking.  Making a size 4T,  I used skip dent and imperial pink batiste rather than the handkerchief linen that Kathy used.  Skip dent is wrinkle resistant 65/35 cotton/polyester, more suitable to my daughter's laundry habits.

1 comment:

  1. Heh - that's been sitting unfinished for a while, ever since I realized it was too big for my petite girl to wear last summer. Should finish mine up too! Yours is cuter - I used really odd material to make it more a playsuit. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete