Monday, July 9, 2012

OFB Toddler Summer Dresses Pattern

Spiritual - Prayer of Being Forgiven  Loving Lord, mindful of your mercy and the love that took you to the cross, I place myself before you and ask your forgiveness for all the times when I have failed to follow you.  Lord Jesus, forgive me and help me become more like you each day.  Amen.

Sewing -  In 2011, the Old Fashioned Baby Sewing/Bible Retreat ladies made Jeannie's new pattern (not out at the time), Toddler Summer Dresses, size 1-3.  The dress has two views with different construction techniques.  One version has a tucked yoke with lace insert and the other version has a yoke in which hand shadow embroidery or your favorite machine embroidery design can be used.  It is made with white 100% cotton broadcloth.  I will have a picture soon with Gigi in this dress at the beach!

Simple sleeveless yoke dress, ribbon inserted in beading at waist

Skirt bottom border - hand embroidery, triple tucks, Swiss edging with floss woven through

Yoke - Lace edged Swiss insertion, floss woven into insertion double tucks, ribbon and beading at waist

No comments:

Post a Comment