Monday, April 16, 2012

Kit Eckert

Spiritual - "O divine Paraclete!  You, whose power equals Your holiness, by the love which made You bind me to Yourself, grant me the grace to love You with my whole heart, to adhere to You with my whole soul, and to use all my strength to love and serve You, so that I may live according to Your inspirations"
St. Gertrude.

Sewing -   Kit Eckert, a Sit & Sew student,  made this gorgeous coat using Vogue pattern 8754 and a luscious wool/nylon blend fabric from Promenade Fabrics in New Orleans.  She lined the coat with black Ambiance.   The picture does not do the coat justice!!!  It looks wonderful on her.  Great job, Kit!

Kit, a retired elementary school teacher, now spends much of her time in service to her community and area clubs, visiting her children and grandchildren, and, of course, sewing.  She does beautiful work and loves working with linens, textured woolens, and great knits.

 
This year she has become the grandmother of a little boy, Daniel, and a little girl, Matilda (Tilly).  Besides sewing for herself, she is beginning to sew for them. She has used Bonnie Blue Design's Holly & Hunter pattern to make Daniel a couple of John-Johns.  You can see just how adorable he looks in his grandmother's creation.   I always look forward to see what pattern and fabric she will work with next.




No comments:

Post a Comment