Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Gigi's New Car Coat

Spiritual - "If God had not decreed that the Incarnation of His Son should take place in the womb of a virgin, we should never have had that masterpiece of grace and loveliness, the Most Blessed Virgin; we should never have had her smile or her maternal caresses.  Therefore, we love and honor Mary because she is the Mother of God, the Mother of Jesus;  and loving her in her relations to God, our devotion to her only makes our love for God, for Jesus, deeper and more tender."  Divine Intimacy


Sewing -  Gigi has a new car coat.  I got this fabric from Heirloom Creations last year.  I am smocking a bishop in a coordinating fabric and will be posting about that soon.  This fabric is a two sided quilted fabric. During construction of the coat, I carefully separated the two fabrics to the seam lines, sewed the right sides together (choosing the animal print as right side).  Then I turned under the seam allowance under on the geometric side and hand stitched it closed.  I did this with all internal seams, including the hood.  This made the entire coat reversible.  I added a bias trim on the outside edges to complete the little coat.  I used Children's Corner pattern "Casey".  I first saw this coat in Heirloom Creations as a sample made by Babs Martin.  It was so cute I knew Gigi had to have one. I couldn't remember the technique Babs used in constructing the seams, but I like what I did.  Thanks, Babs for the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment