Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Preparing kits for Embroidery 101

Spiritual - "Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us rid ourselves of every burden and sin that clings to us and persevere in running the race that lies before us while keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus, the leader and perfecter of faith.  For the sake of the joy that lay before him he endured the cross, despising its shame, and has taken his seat at the right of the throne of God." Heb 12:1-2  Hebrews 1-13 gives me such comfort knowing that Jesus chose to know pain and suffering for the sake of each one of us.  This inspires me and gives me deeper faith and courage to endure the trials and crosses in my daily life, because glory awaits me, too.  This passage seems to state that we are to look at these trials as "disciplines" because a good father disciplines his children.  I look back on the many hardships and painful trials I suffered due to selfishness, self-centeredness, etc.  I didn't always want to own up to my part.  Thank God, through the eyes of a growing faith, I see them more clearly now. They have made me a better person. Now, when difficult situations occur, I am quicker to see them as loving discipline which helps me to avoid mistakes, make amends, and forgive others for their transgressions.  Thank you, Lord, for your loving mercy.












Sewing - Life has been very busy lately and I haven't been able to get to the machine as much as I would have liked.  But, today I am getting all the kits for the hand sewing embroidery class ready to go.  The wool felt feels so good and looks so pretty.  I'm now a distributor for wool blend felt in this area.  If anyone is interested in this luscious felt, let me know.  I'll be offering childrens' hand sewing classes starting this summer and using this felt for those classes.  The kids will eventually move up to machine sewing.   I'm also trying to complete an order for seven daygowns for a baby boy due soon.  The client wanted them white or blue and very simple.  As soon as I am finished, I'll take pictures.

All Designs Are Copyright Protected copyright 2011

1 comment: