Friday, May 11, 2012

Christmas, 2005

Spiritual -"Rejoice in the Lord always." "Whether you eat or drink, or whatsoever else you do, do all to the  glory of God"  (Phil 4,4 - 1 Cor 10,31)

Sewing - Diamants Noirs , Sew Beautiful Issue 103, 2005, designed by Kathy Barnard, inspired Jennie to have me make the "Black Diamond Dress" and "Button on Suit" for Audrie and Liam for Christmas.  I used white silk dupioni and black cotton velveteen.  The pattern for the dress, Pascale) was in the centerfold.  It is now a pattern published and sold by Martha Pullen Pattern Collection.  Liam's button on pants is "David" from The Children's Corner and the shirt is from "Michael", also The Children's Corner.  I did not find the technique, peek-a-boo diamond windows hard.  I stayed focused and tried to be as careful to detail as possible.  The instructions and diagrams were easy to follow and understand.  Liam is now 7 and can't believe I "put" him in that "outfit!"  I think he is adorable!  Audrie looks like a southern belle.


No comments:

Post a Comment