Friday, April 22, 2011

Gigi's Easter Dress - Another Gail Doane Design

Spiritual -   "Even before a word is on my tongue, behold,  Oh Lord, 
                       You know the whole of it
                  Behind me and before, you hem me in and 
                       rest your hand upon me.
                  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
                       too lofty for me to attain.
                  Where can I go from your spirit?
                       from your presence where can if flee?
                   If  I go up to the heavens, you are there; 
                       if I sink to the nether world, you are present there.
                   If I take the wings of the day, 
                       if I settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
                   Even there your hand shall guide me,
                       and your right hand hold me fast.
                   If I say, 'Surely the darkness shall hide me,
                       and night shall be my light'
                  Truly you have formed my inmost being 
                       you have knit me in my mother's womb.
                  I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made;
                       wonderful are your works.
                  My soul also you know full well;
                       nor was my fram unknown to you
                  When I was made in secret,
                      when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth
                  Psalms 139, 4-16






Sewing - This took me a long time...but, I had to do it.  You may remember a similar outfit I did for Gi from the 12-16-10  post.  This bishop and swing jacket is from Gail Doane's "Sew Cute Couture"  book.  I did use the designs from one of her ideas and the colors from another - my own way of mixing it up.  I will be carrying this book in my sewing studio and it comes with the patterns for a bishop dress, a yoke dress, this swing jacket, a jacket with bound edges or contrast bands for the older girl,  a wrap skirt, and several purses.  The size range is 6 months to 12 years, making this book a great buy for the patterns alone.  The instructions are clear and precise. These are classic patterns that will never go out of style.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful outfit! I will have to place an order with you for the book!

    ReplyDelete