Thursday, April 21, 2011

Audrie's Easter Dress

 Spiritual -  Just think, on the first Holy Thursday, Jesus suffered in the agony in the garden, Judas betrayed Him for 30 pieces of silver, Peter denied his master, and all His disciples abandoned Him.  What was the answer to all of this treachery and black ingratitude?  He instituted the Holy Eucharist.  "...He exhausts the resources of His love, and offers Himself to man, not only as the Redeemer, who will die for him on the Cross, but also as the food which will nourish him.  He will feed man with His own Flesh and Blood; moreover, death might claim Him in a few hours, but the Eucharist will perpetuate His real, living presence until the end of time."    That night, He also gave us a new commandment,  "that you love one another as I have loved you" (Jn 13,1-15)  By washing His disciples' feet, Jesus showed us just how we should humble ourselves to serve our neighbor - the good, the poor, the betrayer, and the lowly.  "He revealed to us the perfection of fraternal charity on the same evening that He instituted the Eucharist, as if to indicate that such perfection should be both the fruit of the Sacrament of the Eucharist and our response to this great gift."  Divine Mercy, Fr. Gabriel











Sewing -  An all white Easter dress with a ruffle on the bottom.  That was the order.  She also wanted straps and some type of embellishment on the yoke.  Strapped for time, I found McCall's 5838 in my pattern stash which I thought would do.  I used a cotton/linen blend and found a piece of old lace and buttons from an uncle's mother's stash that I had been given. The dress calls for a zipper, but I prefer buttons, so I did have to do some alterations to the pattern in the back. (She did want a side zip!)  She looks like a doll in it.  I hope to show pictures of her when the Easter pics are taken.  I'm still working on Gi's dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment