Monday, April 20, 2009

Men's Short Sleeved Shirts

Spiritual - I have been very distracted during prayer - thinking about sewing, etc. -and it has been harder to bring my mind back to God. This morning, while reading Divine Intimacy (Fr. Gabriel of St. Mary Magdalen, O.C.D.), I read this account from St. Theresa: " You should consider [before praying] who it is that you are addressing, and who you are, if only that you may speak to Him with respect..." This, she concludes, is already to make mental prayer. That helped me a lot.

Sewing - Last summer I started making DH's short sleeved shirts - lot's easier than heirloom sewing! I bought several pieces of 100% cotton checks and chambray from Brambleberry Lane to make these shirts. I just finished the last planned one. I use Kwik Sew 2777. When I first began, I compared his favorite shirt to this pattern and made a few changes. The method for the stand up collar I use is from from Gigi, an "Internet sewing buddy"s tutorial rather than the method used in the pattern - look for stand up collar # 1, 2) . DH loves the shirts because he says they fit better. I'm not quite satisfied with the collar interfacing I'm using. Here is a picture of one of the first ones that I made:

No comments:

Post a Comment