Saturday, March 26, 2011

Martha Pullen's Heirloom II Licensing


Spiritual -  "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament proclaims his handiwork.  Day pours out the word today, and night to night imparts knowledge... Psalm 19  God is always speaking to us, letting us know of His love and His mercy.  He has unlimited grace and gifts to give us, just for the asking.  He knew us from the beginning. As it says in the psalm, He is perfect, trustworthy, right, clear, pure and true.  "Though your servant is careful of them, very diligent in keeping them, yet who can detect failings?  Cleanse me from my unknown faults!  From wanton sin especially, restrain your servant; let it not rule over me.  Then shall I be blameless and innocent of serious sin.  Let the words of my mouth and the thought of my heart find favor before you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer."





Sewing - March 16-23 was another one of the greatest sewing experiences of my life!  I attended the Heirloom II Licensing program.  I've been making heirloom clothes for a long time, but l learned SO much.  This is a program to learn how to teach heirloom sewing.  Not only am I licensed to teach heirloom sewing under Martha Pullen's name, but I own the co-copyright of and have a full curriculum for all of the projects in this particular program.  There were 25-27 projects this week and these pictures show a few of them.  Last July I attended the Serger II licensing and will attend another one next year.  The instructors are fabulous!  The fabric and laces are to die for. Every detail is taken care of and you are pampered the entire week, from personal instruction time, fitting, food, snacks, ability to buy wholesale, to time management. The program culminates with a barbecue dinner at Martha's lovely home in Huntsville.  I have been a dedicated fan of Martha Pullen since I started sewing heirloom and baby items 30 years ago and never dreamed that I would get to spend time with her, much less have dinner in her home.   I am a blessed woman! 



Tablemate & BFF
 


 


Martha's Attic
 


Ladies looking through Martha's Vintage Treasures!


No comments:

Post a Comment