Tuesday, September 21, 2010

An Antique Glass Showcase

Spiritual - I had time to read from my favorite daily meditation book, Divine Intimacy, this morning.  I often beat myself up because of my failures, my lack of attention to the development of virtues, the amount of time I spend on my hobbies, etc.  - you know what I'm talking about.  Today I was reminded that no matter how much I try to be better, I may find my hands empty, just like Peter's nets.  I must not be discouraged due to lack of success, but humbly acknowledge my failure, and have firm confidence that the Lord will fill my nets. too. 
Sewing - My daughter's mother-in-law had this beautiful case in her recent garage sale.  I picked it up, cleaned it up, and filled it up!  I put my favorite things in it - American Girl dolls, wonderful fabrics, old wooden thread spools, yarn from my travels, old sewing need cards, antique candle sticks made into bonnet stands, etc.  I really like it.  It also gave me loads of surface to put more of my treasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment