Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wedding Gown into Christening Gown!

Spiritual -  I have oftened wondered why Jesus submitted to Baptism.  I went to the "source" - the CCC. Of course, the answer was profound and complete. 
"The baptism of Jesus is on his part the acceptance and inauguration of his mission as God's suffering Servant.  he allows himself to be numbered among sinners; he is already 'the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.'  Already he is anticipating the 'baptism' of his bloody death,  already he is coming to 'fulfill all righteousness,' that is, he is submitting himself entirely to his Father's will;  out of love he consents to this baptism of death for the remission of our sins.  The Father's voice responds to the son's acceptance, proclaiming his entire delight in his Son.  The spirit whom Jesus possessing in fullness from his conception comes to 'rest on him.'  Jesus will be the source of the spirit for all mankind. At his baptism, 'the heavens were opend' - the heavens that Adam's sin had closed' and the waters were sanctified by the descent of Jesus and the Spirit, a prelude to the new creation."
Sewing -  One of my clients, who was expecting a baby girl, brought her wedding gown and asked if I could make a christening gown from the dress and replicate the style.  It was a lovely princess styled gown showered with floral sprays of silver metallic thread with blue seed and bugle beads.  Although this was not the usual christening gown that I made, I was glad to take on the job.  At first, I didn't thank it would required the thought, planning, or labor that an heirloom dress would have taken.  Well, I was wrong.  The pattern had to be drafted, then placed very carefully on the dress around the beaded parts.  Some of the beading had to be removed and re-beaded after the dress was completed.  It was lined using the wedding dress lining and hand embroidery embellished the front yoke.  IMHO, it turned out really lovely.  The cap was wonderful too.  She and her husband were delighted.  I was very happy about that.  I have to give credit to the our Blessed Mother - for I prayed to her all through the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment