Sunday, May 3, 2009

Totes & Bags

Spiritual - Today my husband and I brought Eucharist to the nursing home. The individual situations and conditions of the patients are often so sad and seemingly hopeless. They are grateful to see us and happy to receive communion. As walk down the halls going from room to room I feel so blessed to be there, and wander if I'll have their courage if I am ever in their situation. I believe, according to my faith, that they are truly blessed to share in the in the Lord's suffering for the salvation of the world, and, that they are already in purgatory. BUT - being fully human and dealing daily with pain, loneliness, illness, and endless days, these souls must also share in the feelings of Christ on the cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me!" They, like all souls in purgatory, need our prayers.

Sewing - I really like making totes and bags. I can match them to outfits I make and can re-design the patterns to suit my needs. They are easier to make that one may think. You have to pay attention and follow directions. It does take time. I often wonder WHY as I making this when I can buy one alot cheaper than I can make one. Well - I can choose the fabric and style that I want. I can develop my sewing skills. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcvp/sets/72157616731582283/

I am working on a diaper bag for my DD who is expecting her 3rd baby. She decided on the "modern diaper bag w/ changing pad" by Amy Bultler. Of, course, she wanted the exact material - so - into local fabric stores and onto the Internet to find the different fabrics, interfacings, and fusible stabilizers. The instructions in Amy Butler's book for this bag are great. There are adorable ideas for baby clothing, toys, blankets, shoes, and nursery items in this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment